Monday, January 16, 2012

Universal Studios

On Saturday we went to Universal Studios Islands of Adventure.  I was dying to go to experience HARRY POTTER WORLD!  It opened while I was pregnant last year, and we didn't go because I couldn't do any of the fun rides.  Hogsmeade!  Hogwarts!  Butterbeer!  Ollivander's!  Yes, I am a nerd. 

So could it possibly live up to my expectations?



Yes! 
It was so beautifully designed.  There were so many fantastic details.  The line for the main Harry Potter ride didn't even seem long because there was so much to see on the way.



Pumpkin juice and Butterbeer.  Sooooo delicious.  We even got Bertie Bott's Every Flavor Beans.  Some were good, some ... not so good.



 
Ollyvander's Wand Shop.  Those are stacks of wands, all the way up to the ceiling.

Other than Harry Potter, we spent time at Dr. Seuss Landing and the Marvel Comics area. 



We thought Dr. Seuss would be baby-friendly, but baby Levi couldn't really ride any of the rides there. 

He did get to ride the Caro-Seuss-al.



Baby Levi also got to check out the bookstore.  He's going to be a reader, most definitely.





Levi's buddy, the Lorax.
Ray had a bad hair day.



The only bad thing about the day was that it was FREEEEEEZING cold.  Not just Florida-cold, but legit Utah-natives-are-shivering cold.  No water rides for us.

Want more??  Check out Niki's blog post:
http://bryanandniki.blogspot.com/2012/01/universal-studios.html

2 comments:

  1. Yvette! Your family is so lovely and I'm so HAPPY to see you've got a blog! SUCH cute pictures. Also, your title is so punny; I'm in love. :) Yay for Harry Potter, yay for you and yay for your awesome Levis!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kristi! Yay for blogging! I wish my blog was as fun as yours, but it's mostly going to be pictures of the baby. I love these new-fangled computer thingies that let us keep up with each other's lives even when we live several oceans away!

    ReplyDelete