Sunday, February 12, 2012

Gainesville

We spent this weekend in Gainesville, FL, home of University of Florida.  Our good friends Lindsay and Nathan moved there about a month ago when Nathan took a job at the university. 
Lindsay, Nathan, and their boys.

We spent the weekend relaxing and letting the boys play together.  Baby Levi adored playing with Caleb and Cameron, trying to do what they do.  Caleb and Cameron were really sweet with him, too.
Friends :)

We went to the Museum of Natural History on campus, which was really cool.  We saw lots of dinosaurs and fossils, went to the huge butterfly garden, and checked out the fish aquariums.  We also met a very sweet but kind of racist guide who made me hold a piece of fossilized poop.  Good times.
Us in the butterfly garden.  They told me to keep my purse shut so I don't unintentionally take a butterfly home. 

Levi practicing his spearing.  If he saw that guy in the ocean he would definitely go after it!

We drove around campus, saw the Tim Tebow statute, went to a Cuban restaurant, and rented a movie (although I fell asleep about 15 minutes into the movie).

All in all, it was a really nice weekend.  I miss Lindsay!  I can't believe she left me right when I had a little boy to befriend her cuties.  We'll have to make another trip to Gainesville in the summer to see some more of the area and spend more time with our friends.



No comments:

Post a Comment