Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Worrywart

I swear, as soon as I stop worrying and feeling guilty and something baby-related (like sleep), something else baby-related (like weight) jumps in to initiate a hostile takeover of my brain.

Does he look hungry to you?

We went to the pediatrician today for baby Levi's 9 month appointment.  I was excited.  Since about 3 months, he's been in the 95th percentiles pretty regularly for height and weight.  It's so amazing to see him grow.

But today they weighed him at 20 pounds.  That means he hasn't gained ANY weight in three months.  Wha?!  He's now in the 95th percentile for height but the 50th percentile for weight.

The doctor looked a little worried.  She said she just wanted to wait until his next appointment (12 months) to see what happens with his weight before getting concerned, but she looked concerned that he dropped so low in percentile in such a short amount of time.

So now all I'll be able to think about all day, and probably tomorrow, and probably for the next three months, is, "Is he eating enough?  Is he hungry?  Should I give him a snack?  I wonder how much he weighs today........" so on, and so forth.

Bleh.  I NEVER pictured myself as one of those moms who worries about everything.  And I do know moms who are much worse than I am.  But I WORRY a lot more than I expected myself to.

Baby's sleeping right now, and I should be tackling my to-do list, but I thought blogging might help me get the "am-I-starving-my-baby"s out of my system.  Don't really think it worked.
  



No comments:

Post a Comment