Sunday, June 10, 2012

Called To Serve

I was released as Young Women's President today!  It's such a strange feeling.  It really hasn't sunk in yet (mostly because I'm still going to Girl's Camp for a few days next week).  I've been in the calling about 4 1/2 years!  I can't believe it's been that long.
Play in a Day -- our play was "Sponge Bob Saves the Titanic."

 Bowling
 BBQ and pool party

 Clowning

Carving pumpkins

Facepainting

My new calling is a family history consultant, focusing on indexing.  It should be fun.  But I'm going to MISS my girls.  It's been such a ride.  Even when they made me crazy, I loved each one of them so much.  I'm going to miss hearing their "Good News Moments "every Sunday, their experiences sharing the gospel with friends, and their tough moments when they've had to stand for righteousness alone.  

Levi was called into the Bishopric!  That is going to be an adventure.  I mean that sincerely, too, not sarcastically.  I think it's going to be amazing.  His High Priest ordination blessing and his setting apart were really special blessings.  I know the Lord is going to watch over us and take care of us.  And I know Levi is going to grow so much in this service.

I'm meeting with the new Young Women's President on Tuesday.  She is so nervous!!  I know she's going to be fantastic, though, and the girls are going to adore her.  But I remember how overwhelming the calling seemed.  I never felt like I had really "mastered" the calling, but boy did I enjoy it.  :)  

No comments:

Post a Comment