Saturday, July 28, 2012

Deck the Falls

Baby Levi made his first international trip as we ventured into Canada to go to Niagara Falls.  As we got ready to cross the border, I had to stop our caravan to get my passport out of the trunk of the other car.  I thought Canada was like Mexico -- anyone can come in, you just need your passport to get out.  Luckily someone corrected me before we actually got to the border.

PJ got us fabulous hotel rooms right by the falls.  PJ and Catha had a suite with a perfect view.  The babies were crazy about the view.  We couldn't tear them away from the windows.




When we left the hotel in the morning, it was really chilly and wet outside.  We bundled up the babies (and ourselves), but down by the falls it actually felt nice and warm.  I put what I thought were socks on baby Levi's feet, only to notice they were mittens and not socks.  Ha.  I just tucked the thumbs in and you couldn't really tell.  That's how often he wears socks in Florida -- I don't even know what they look like.



Baby Levi took this picture.  Hi, Aunt Kiki!

Niki and I had never been to Niagara Falls before, so we went on the under-the-falls excursion.  There are actually tunnels underneath the big horseshoe falls.  The bad thing was the line to the lookout right underneath the falls was really long.




video


While we were waiting in line, Niki noticed the couple in front of us getting their phone ready to take a picture.  She suggested I ask them to take our picture and we would take theirs.  When I asked them, the guy said, "Oh, no thanks.  But we'll take your picture."  And then he took a self portrait of himself and his companion with his arm stretched out.  I guess he just didn't want to hand me his phone!  I do look a little shady I guess.

I loved Niagara Falls.  It was gorgeous.  So glad we went!

All right, two destinations left to blog about.  Cornell and New York City still to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment