Sunday, November 25, 2012

I'm Dreaming of a Green Christmas

We spent our Thanksgiving weekend pretty quietly.  My favorite Thanksgiving weekend tradition (other than dinner, of course), is decorating for Christmas!  We picked out our tree on Friday.
Baby Levi had fun running around the lot.  He was not too interested in the trees, though, except the ones with ornaments on them.
 
I picked out a nice tall tree (well, as tall as will fit in our apartment)!  Unfortunately, once we got it home and unwrapped it, we saw that it was very crooked and kind of bald on one side.  Boo.  I was so excited about the height that I didn't look at other features.
 
Also, when we got it on the stand and started to decorate, I found out all my light strings were either completely or half burnt out. We went to the store later on that day, and I bought a box of 100 lights.  Apparently 100 lights is not very many.  It only lit up about 1/3 of the tree.  So for now, our tree looks like this:
So my favorite tradition will have to wait until next week I guess.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment