Friday, January 4, 2013

My Shortcake

Today we had a fun playdate with our friends at a strawberry patch! I had never been there before, and as we drove up, I was confused. It was in the middle of the city, and the sign was a storefront in a shopping plaza. Huh?
There was a strawberry car, so we knew we were at the right place!
 
We went into the shop, and as we walked out back, there was a strawberry patch the size of a football field! 
He loved holding his own bucket.
All the strawberries were in these great planters, with plenty right in reach for the little ones.
Picking a green one.  Oops.
 
You weren't supposed to eat any until after you wash them (and pay), but try explaining that to toddlers.
Our buddy Liam.




There was also a lot of play area for the kids. 
 
By the time we had picked our strawberries and baby Levi had played with his friends for a little while, he was totally worn out.  We were about an hour past naptime, and he was a tired dude.
None of the babies look too happy, but baby Levi looks especially upset.

He did hold out long enough for me to buy the most delicious strawberry milkshake I've ever had.  I think I'm going to dream about one tonight.

Sweaty, tired boy in a strawberry.
 
I am still amazed this place is hidden right in the middle of the city.  We've already eaten about half of the strawberries we picked, and they were soooo yum.  What a fun and delicious surprise! 

No comments:

Post a Comment