Saturday, February 23, 2013

Hitting the Streets

I'm sorry I haven't been very good about posting to the blog lately!  I don't know why I've been such a slacker.
 
Today Levi had to go to Orlando to chaperone the youth temple trip, so baby and I were on our own.  I polled my mom friends on things to do, and someone brought up that there was a street painting festival going on.  We decided to check it out.

It was so cool!  I couldn't believe how many street artists there were.  There was probably a half mile of street paintings.  The festival is two days long, so most artists were only starting today.  My friend said if you go on Sunday most of the art is completed.
Alice in Wonderland

Harry Potter

Abbey Road (the crosswalk is an actual crosswalk)

Star Wars Abbey Road
 
There was good food, live music, art booths, etc.  There was also a fantastic block for kids to make their own street art.
Kids block


Baby Levi hard at work
 
Baby Levi was really excited.  I thought I would have to show him what to do, but he hopped out of his stroller and started drawing all on his own.  Of course, about five seconds in, his wiped a giant chalk handprint right on his face.  We both left the party covered in chalk.


Baby Levi's work of art
 
It was a hot day, but it was a lot of fun.  We sipped some mango juice, took a break in a cool indoor art exhibition, and got to see the whole show.


Tortoises on the sidewalk.  Why?  Because it's cool.
 
What a cool little discovery we made!  So glad we checked it out!  And Levi's definitely jealous he missed it.

 
 
 



 
 


1 comment:

  1. What a cool thing to do. Love it!!! I especially love the handprint on Baby Levi's face!!!!

    ReplyDelete