Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Drill, Baby, Drill

I made a piece of furniture!  Well, kind of.  I did use a drill.  Our living room furniture isn't really the right style for our new house, so we've been trying to figure out how to make it work.  The coffee table was one piece that just had to go.  So I made one out of a pallet! 


All I had to do was sand it, stain it, and add the legs (which don't really match, though).  Easy!  Of course, with the little guy around, it still took me like two weeks to do it.  And he wanted to help, which resulted in wood stain all up and down his legs.  And wood stain does NOT come off skin.  He had to wear pants for quite a few days after that.

Anyway, it's kind of big, but I really like the way it looks.  And I really love the pricetag (pallet was nabbed for free behind Home Depot).

And since every blog post needs a cute baby Levi pic, here you go!


2 comments:

  1. Well look at you Pinterest!! :) I love it! And I like that the legs don't match... but I feel you on having little people around to help. We started a massive home improvement project that we figured would take about 3 weeks... and here we are 3 months later, only about 1/3 of the way done. Ha! Gotta love the changes that come with kids, huh?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Coffee table looks GREAT!!!!! Love it!!!!

    ReplyDelete