Wednesday, January 1, 2014

To A Healthy 2014

Happy New Year!

We had a fun New Year's Eve with friends. Lots of fireworks, lots of food, lots of fun. And we stayed up past midnight, even Levi J! I haven't stayed up until midnight on New Year's Eve since before he was born. I wasn't intending on keeping Levi J up this year; we took a pack-and-play to the party and tried to put him to bed around 10 pm, but he absolutely refused. He slept in a little this morning and took a three hour nap, so he mostly made up for it. It's nice that he's at an age now where he's much more adaptable. Though I'm not planning on keeping him up that late again anytime soon. He was a tired guy today.

I actually have a few New Year's resolutions this year! I usually don't make any. My first is to make sure Levi J gets an hour of outdoor play every day. I think it will help us stay active.

My other resolution is actually a series of weekly "real food" goals. This first week the goal is to eat two different fruits or veggies with every meal. There are also weeks where the goal is to eat only whole grains (no refined white flour) or to eat no refined sugar (tough week I think!).  There aren't enough goals for a whole year, but if it goes well I could always start over again once I've done all the goals. Here's the link if you're interested: http://www.100daysofrealfood.com/100-days-of-mini-pledges/

Here's to a great 2014! It's going to be a fantastic year.

1 comment:

  1. Holy cow, you're nuts! I went to bed just after 9pm. Ha! But the no sugar thing is totally a go! You can do it for a week... I started up again today (went ballistic during pregnancy and gained 50 pounds. Ha!), and I'm going for at least 6 weeks. Probably 3 months, and hopefully longer. Wahoo!
    Oh, and ps... totally jealous of an hour of outdoor play. I don't know why we stay in this crappy state... I need summer! :)

    ReplyDelete